We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of "frESH Law Horizons – Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law, Procedure and Policy". In our January edition, we summarise 32 developments in the environmental, safety and health sector. Some of the top stories this month include:
- A consultation was launched on amended FSA technical guidance for allergen labelling for foods prepacked for direct sale
- TV cameras are set to broadcast sentencing remarks from the Crown Court
- A building safety regulator is to be established as part of the HSE
- A successful appeal was made against landfill tax on "fluff"
- EA published the latest civil sanctions accepted in respect of environmental breaches
- Brothers receive jail sentences for waste electronic and electrical equipment (WEEE) fraud
- A company was fined £200,000 over a major fire at its waste facility
- The government publishes a House of Commons Library Briefing Paper on plastic waste in the UK
- Landmark Dutch legal ruling on climate change
- The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to prepare a list of chemicals safe for use in contact with drinking water
- ECHA adds four new substances to the REACH candidate list
- Environmental developments to expect in the UK in 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.