In this edition of Pensions Round-Up we look at key developments in pensions legislation, case law and regulatory guidance from June 2019 including:
- The Pensions Regulator: the launch of a new drive to ensure that trustees are meeting their obligations in relation to default arrangements; and an update to the Regulator's annual funding statistics.
- Investment: regulations making amendments to the legislation in relation to the Statement of Investment Principles and disclosure; the publication of an updated version of the Regulator's guidance on investment governance for DC schemes; and the making of an Order to implement remedies set out in the Competition and Markets Authority's report on its investment consultants market investigation.
- Legislation: an Order relating to VAT and DC schemes.
- Other news: an update from the industry working group on GMP equalisation; the publication of HMRC's latest pension schemes newsletter which includes an update about the work of HMRC's working group on GMP equalisation; and the publication of an updated version of the Code of Good Practice on combating pension scams.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.