Meet Barnard's Natasha Truyens.
Rolling Stone magazine's infamous writer and music critic, Lester Bangs, once described Rock 'n' Roll as an attitude. "It's not a musical form of a strict sort. It's a way of doing things, of approaching things. Writing can be rock 'n' roll, or a movie can be rock 'n' roll. It's a way of living your life."
Bang's statement is something that could easily be ascribed to the work of Natasha Truyens, the remarkable young divorce and family law attorney at Barnard. Her colleagues describe her as a "klein botteltjie groot gif" – not out of disrespect or fear, but out of recognition of her aggressive and energetic rock 'n' roll approach to getting the best possible results for her clients.
After completing her studies, the Cape Town-born Pretorian joined Barnard as a paralegal, then Candidate Attorney. In a short space of time, she has already become an accomplished senior associate. "I have director, Andries Stander to thank for mentoring and guiding me through my career lessons and goals. He taught me that swimming from the deep end is the best way to learn. I want to be one of the top litigants in Gauteng."
Natasha specialises in family law matters such as contested divorces, parental responsibilities and rights, curator applications, maintenance enquiries and surrogacy agreements.
Barnard is a Strength-Based Organisation. Natasha's CliftonStrengths® are a part of what makes her the person and colleague that she is.
- Natasha leads with the Deliberative strength. This means that she can be ascribed by the serious care she takes when making decisions or choices. She always anticipates obstacles, and is ready to face them head-on with her no-nonsense attitude. She is passionate about pursuing justice for her clients through expert legal advice and action, and she believes that the reason clients choose her team to take care of their family and marriage issues is that they understand the importance of their trust and desire for rapid results.
- Natasha also has the Consistency strength. She loves stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.
- The Relator strength means you can find Natasha working alongside her peers. She finds deep satisfaction in working hard to achieve a common goal.
- Natasha's Harmony strength speaks to her dislike of conflict, she'd much prefer to seek areas of agreement wherever possible.
- The last of Natasha's 5 top strengths is her Analytical strength. She loves to search for reasons and causes. She has a strong ability to think about all of the factors that might affect a situation, making her an excellent litigation attorney!
If 'lawyering' were rock 'n' roll then Natasha Truyens would be our frontman.
Natasha, thank you for your hard work and for the energy you bring to the Barnard team. We appreciate you!