|March 25, 2020||Cooper Grace Ward||T - +61 7 3231 2400||$495.00 Incl. GST|
|Arrival: 8.15am||Level 21, 400 Georgeemail@example.com||Start: 8.30am|
|**morning tea included|
For the first time in Queensland, an entity has been charged with industrial manslaughter under section 34C of Queensland's Work Health and Safety Act 2011. The two directors were charged with reckless conduct. We have also seen increased scrutiny by the safety regulators with respect to protecting employees' psychological safety.
Our half day training program will give employers some practical strategies to comply with and understand their obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Qld) and the recently introduced industrial manslaughter laws.
The topics for discussion will include:
- understanding your workplace health and safety obligations as an employer
- duties of officers, workers and other persons
- consultation and representation rights and requirements
- consequences of unsafe work for companies and directors
- understanding investigations, enforcement measures and prosecutions
- new industrial manslaughter laws
- psychological safety.
We hope that you are able to join us.