The 2020 edition of Chambers UK: A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession has ranked Jones Day in 11 practice areas, and 18 Jones Day lawyers were recognized as among the leading lawyers in Britain. Giles P. Elliott was ranked Band 1 in "London: Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market."
Jones Day's Chambers UK 2020 practice rankings include:
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Competition Law
- Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability
- Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market
- Real Estate Finance
- Fraud: Civil
- International Arbitration: Investor-State Arbitration
- Private Equity: Buyouts: High-end Capability
Since 1989, Chambers UK has identified leading lawyers and law firms through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients. Individual lawyers are ranked on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness, and their client service. Law firm practice areas are ranked on the same qualities, with the effectiveness of the practice as a whole considered.