Wednesday, 30 November 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Company Directors and Fiduciary Duties
About this talk
Under common law and the Malaysian Companies Act 2016, directors owe the company a fiduciary duty in the exercise of their office. As directors are conferred with wide powers of management, directors are expected under law to (i) act with reasonable care, skill and diligence; and (ii) act in the best interest of the company, under a strict duty of loyalty. The consequences of breaching these fiduciary obligations may result in a director's removal from office and/or compensation in the form of monetary damages for financial losses.
Join us for this online talk where our speakers will discuss the onerous statutory duties and the strict fiduciary responsibilities that are expected of a director.
- Introduction to fiduciary duties
- Types of statutory duties of a director
- Directors duties and obligations when a company is being wound up
- Fiduciary duties on other company executives
- Sebastian Liew, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Joseph Khor, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group