- The government of Ireland will introduce new measures to the Employment Permit system in the fall of 2022
The government of Ireland plans to modernize the Employment Permit system. The changes aim to:
- Create a more responsive system to address Ireland's labor market;
- Introduce new seasonal work employment permits;
- Introduce an index for salary thresholds; and
- Revise the labor market test process.
The official bill will be published and implemented in the fall of 2022.
What are the Changes?
The government of Ireland will publish a new law for its Employment Permit system in the fall of 2022. According to the government, these changes will help streamline the Employment Permit system and allow Ireland to better compete for global talent while filling labor market gaps.
The new bill for the Employment Permit system will be implemented in the fall of 2022. Continue to check the government of Ireland's website and Envoy's website for the latest updates and information.
Originally published 1 August 2022.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.