National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority has revised the prices of 2 scheduled formulation of Paciltaxel used in chemotherapy under the Drugs Price Control Order, 2013.
In view of the Drug Price Control Order and all the instructions mentioned in the order, NPPA has revised the ceiling price of the formulation (paciltaxel) exclusive of all goods and service taxes applicable, if any in respect of the Scheduled formulation(s).1 The table below gives the complete information of price revision:
|S No||Scheduled Formulation||Dosage strength||Unit||Ceiling price||Review order number and date||Existing SO number and date|
|1||Paciltaxel||Injection 100mg/16.7ml||1 ML||205.04||31015/33/2016-PI.I dated 19.09.2016||1213(E) dated 25.03.2020
(at Sl. No. 613)
|2||Paciltaxel||Injection 30mg/5ml||1 ML||205.04||31015/33/2016-PI.I dated 19.09.2016||1213(E) dated 25.03.2020
(at Sl. No. 613)
- All manufacturers of scheduled formulations, selling branded or generic or both versions of scheduled formulations at a price higher than the ceiling price (plus goods and services tax as applicable) so fixed and notified by the Government, shall revise the prices of all such formulations downward not exceeding the ceiling price specified in column (5) in the above table plus goods and services tax as applicable, if any.
- All existing manufacturers of above mentioned scheduled formulations having MRP lower than the ceiling price specified in column (5) in the above table plus goods and services tax as applicable, if any, shall continue to maintain the existing MRP in accordance with paragraph 13 (2) of the DPCO, 2013 which states that there will be an annual increase in maximum retail price which may be carried out as per the increase in the wholesale price index with respect to previous year.2
- The manufacturers may add goods and services tax only if they have paid actually or if it is payable to the Government on the ceiling price mentioned in column (5) of the above said table.
- The ceiling price for a pack of the scheduled formulation shall be arrived at by the concerned manufacturer in accordance with the ceiling price specified in column (5) of the above table as per provisions contained in paragraph 11 which states that the average price to retailer calculated as per the provisions in paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 shall be on the dosage basis, (per tablet, per capsule or injection in volume as listed in first schedule) and the ceiling price or retail price of a pack shall be reached by multiplying the same with the number or quantity in the pack as the case may be. The manufacturer shall issue a price list in Form–V from date of Notification as per paragraph 24 of the DPCO, 2013 to NPPA through IPDMS and submit a copy to State Drug Controller and dealers.
- As per para 24(4) of DPCO 2013, every retailer and dealer shall display price list and the supplementary price list, if any, as furnished by the manufacturer, on a conspicuous part of the premises where he carries on business in a manner so as to be easily accessible to any person wishing to consult the same.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.