You have created something innovative for your small or medium-sized enterprise - now what? You want to ensure you're legally protected to the greatest extent possible, but navigating Canadian and international intellectual property laws can be difficult and before you talk to a professional you have some questions about the basics. For example:
- Do you protect your innovation under patent, copyright, trade secret laws, or all of the above?
- And if you decide to patent, what does that entail?
- How much detail do you have to tell your patent agent and why?
- When can you safely publicly disclose your innovation?
- And after you file, what comes next?
Find out the answers to these questions by downloading our Patent FAQs for Canadian Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) below:
About Gowling WLG's IP group
For more than century, SMEs around the world have looked to Gowling WLG to maximize and protect their treasured intangible assets. As the global economy grows ever more knowledge-driven, clients continue to count on our broad experience to help them navigate an increasingly perilous intellectual property landscape.
Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.