This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group. We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in December & January include:
- New AER Application Requirements Regarding First Nations Consultation to Take Effect March 2
- Insolvency and Environmental Liabilities
- TERVITA CORP. v. CANADA (COMMISSIONER OF COMPETITION) - a rare Supreme Court decision on merger review and the potential impacts for the oil and gas industry
- New Tax Incentives to Advance Liquefied Natural Gas Projects
- OSC Proposes to Offer Cash to Whistleblowers
- Toll Bridge? NEB Approves TransCanada Mainline 2015-2030 Tolls and Tariff
- Federal Court of Appeal Continues its Stand Against Forest Ethics
- The Play's The Thing – AER Launches Play-Based Regulation Pilot for Duvernay
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.