Friday, 2 December 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Living Trust vs Testamentary Trust: What's the difference?
About this talk
A living trust, sometimes called an inter vivos trust, involves the execution of a revocable or irrevocable trust deed. A testamentary trust arises from the terms of a deceased's will. Which is better to protect your assets and your loved ones? Finding the right arrangements in your succession planning to suit your circumstances and needs is important.
Join us for this online talk where our speakers will explain trust deeds, testamentary trusts, the uses, advantages and problems with each.
- Understanding living trusts, its uses and benefits
- Revocable and irrevocable trust deeds
- Understanding testamentary trusts and its limitations
- Possible disputes and case studies
- Gan Chong Chieh, Partner, Individuals and Families Practice Group
- Rachel Ng, Associate, Individuals and Families Practice Group