2021 US ECM Roundtable: SPACs at a Crossroads
November 17, 2021
12:30pm – 2:00pm EDT
Hosted by International Financing Review (IFR), the 2021 US ECM Roundtable brings together a panel of senior industry professionals to evaluate the current state of play within the market.
The Roundtable, SPACs at a Crossroads, will be moderated by IFR's US Editor, Stephen Lacey, and the panel will feature Mayer Brown partner, Anna Pinedo. Specifically, they will examine:
- How have SPAC IPO terms changed over time? What are the implications of "Bring Your Own Buyer" and back-end funding/redemptions for a merger?
- Where does the SEC stand on its new accounting treatment for SPAC warrants? Is the accounting treatment fair? What are the implications, if any, on SPAC funding?
- What are the plaintiffs alleging in the recent spate of lawsuits against certain SPACs? Is there merit to their claims? If the litigants prevail, what will the implications be?
- Why are SPAC investors redeeming and how frequently? Is there precedent for PIPE investors to backtrack on commitments?
- Craig DeDomenico, Stifel, Nicolaus & Co.
- Don Duffy, ICR Strategic Communications & Advisory
- Prof. Michael Klausner, Stanford Law School
- Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown
- Eric Roddy, William Blair & Co.
For more information, and to register, visit the event page.
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe - Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2020. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.