In its 2021 regular and special sessions, the General Assembly made a number of changes in the statutes that affect public education in Connecticut. This summary provides a brief overview of some of the more significant changes. Links to the new legislation are provided in the electronic version of this publication.
In this issue, we provide overviews of the following areas:
- Statutory Changes Affecting Students
- Statutory Changes Related to Remote Learning
- Statutory Changes Affecting Curriculum
- Statutory Changes Affecting School District Operation
- Statutory Changes Affecting Employment
- Miscellaneous Statutory Changes Affecting Schools
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.