We are pleased to share our latest edition of "frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law, Procedure and Policy". In the January 2019 edition, we summarise 27 developments in the environmental, safety and health sector. Top stories this month include:
- Post-Brexit environmental guidance set out in the Environment Bill, which introduces principles that will apply in place of the EU treaty principles after Brexit
- The publishing of Defra's long-awaited Resources and Waste Strategy for England, which looks at several issues in relation to various types of waste
- An Environment Agency proposal to revise its public participation statement for environmental permitting
- Defra issuing its Clean Air Strategy, intended provide a stronger legislative framework for future action on air pollution
- Environment Agency guidance on environmental permitting compliance and its response to last year's consultation changes to permit compliance scoring
For more detailed information on these developments and access to the remaining summaries, download a copy from our website. Make sure you also subscribe to receive our most recent edition every month.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.