In this week's Tax Update:
- Company tax returns - HMRC to reject all returns not meeting iXBRL requirements
- Harmful tax practices - OECD reports on progress
- Stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax rules contrary to EU law
- EC opens investigation into UK's Group Financing Exemption
- FTT allows appeal against default surcharge on late payment
- OECD releases guidance for collecting VAT on cross-border sales
- UT allows appeal with regard to the DIY Builders' Scheme
Plus, HMRC's Employer Bulletin on PAYE and employment taxes, and the latest on Personal taxes, including the Trusts register deadline.
Download >> Tax update - 1 November 2017
We have taken care to ensure the accuracy of this publication, which is based on material in the public domain at the time of issue. However, the publication is written in general terms for information purposes only and in no way constitutes specific advice. You are strongly recommended to seek specific advice before taking any action in relation to the matters referred to in this publication. No responsibility can be taken for any errors contained in the publication or for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication or its contents. © Smith & Williamson Holdings Limited 2017.