Rahman Ravelli has compiled a panel with in-depth international expertise for a free webinar that will assess the major issues facing the Serious Fraud Oﬃce and, in some cases, its European counterparts.
The event, "Challenges Facing the SFO Here and Abroad'', will be held at 3pm GMT on Thursday, May 6. It will be of interest to UK and Europe-based general counsel, other legal professionals, compliance experts, company CEOs and board members and business organisations.
Issues scheduled for discussion include:
- What does the Supreme Court KBR ruling on section 2 powers mean for obtaining evidence that is beyond the SFO's jurisdiction? How can agencies acquire evidence across borders?
- The possibility and extent of cross-border, inter-agency cooperation in the wake of Brexit.
- What have we learned from deferred prosecution agreements so far? How does the French experience of them compare?
- The challenges and approaches taken in notable recent investigations in the UK and Europe.
- The effect of delays caused by Covid-19.
- The implications of developments such as the UK Law Commission's corporate criminal liability review, calls for alignment of EU states' anti-corruption laws and the European Banking Authority's revised money laundering guidelines.
Aziz Rahman, Senior Partner and founder of Rahman Ravelli, will act as webinar moderator. The panel will include: Niall Hearty, legal director at Rahman Ravelli; Annabel Kerley, partner at global compliance advisors StoneTurn; Emmanuel Moyne, co-founder of Bougartchev Moyne Associe's; and Rebecca Dix, Associate General Counsel at the SFO.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.