Welcome to the May 2019 edition of Pensions Round-Up which provides an overview of developments in pensions legislation, case law and regulatory guidance.
In this edition we look at key developments from May 2019 including the following.
- The Pensions Regulator: the Regulator's latest quarterly compliance and enforcement bulletin; and the Regulator's Corporate Plan 2019-2022.
- Case law: a Court of Appeal judgment concerning the question of whether certain pension increases paid by a scheme were valid.
- Public service pension schemes: a consultation on policy proposals in relation to amendments to the Local Government Pension Scheme; and a consultation on draft regulations amending the Teachers' Pension Scheme.
- HMRC: a pension schemes newsletter; and a countdown bulletin in relation to the end of contracting-out.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.