As Asia returns to work following Chinese New Year celebrations, Guernsey Finance has launched a new Mandarin website to communicate directly with potential mainland investors and introducers.
The new website, which can be found at www.weareguernsey.cn, features news and articles on Guernsey's relationship with China as well literature on the island's key financial services offerings.
Guernsey Finance Chief Executive Dominic Wheatley said: "The Year of the Rooster is already shaping up to be a pivotal one in China-Guernsey relations. Our recent interactions show that PRC investors are awakening to the security and product diversity of Guernsey's long-established financial services sector, which makes this launch a timely communication tool."
Recent relationship developments include:
- Guernsey delivery of a Chinese captive insurance educational programme
- A Guernsey insurance seminar with more than 80 practitioners in Shanghai
- More than 200 practitioners attending a seminar in Shanghai on the introduction of the Common Reporting Standard
- Guernsey visits by two potential Chinese family office investors
- Finalisation of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and the China Insurance Regulatory Commission
- Signing two insurance MoUs with the Kashgar government and the China Captive Alliance
2017 also marks 10 years since Guernsey Finance opened its Shanghai representative office. Wendy Weng, of that office, is currently in Guernsey to facilitate further meetings and connections with interested Chinese parties.
For more information about Guernsey's finance industry please visit www.guernseyfinance.com.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.