- The company has a minimum paid up share capital of œ1000.
- No Gibraltarians or residents of Gibraltar own shares in the company.
- The company does not carry on business or trade with Gibraltarians or residents of Gibraltar.
- A qualifying certificate fee of œ250 is paid on application.
- A œ1000 deposit is lodged with the Gibraltar Government as security for future taxes.
- Nominee shareholders may be used. Application for qualifying status is made to the Financial & Development Secretary.
Companies incorporated outside Gibraltar may apply for a Qualifying Certificate on similar terms to companies incorporated in Gibraltar if they register under Part IX of the Companies Ordinance.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.