As global markets move from traditional to knowledge-based economies, businesses of all sizes face potential disruption, including operational restructuring. In this video, partner Philip Hartman looks at how businesses can minimise disruption during a restructuring process.
Other topics covered include:
- What defines a European structuring, and which European countries have the most substantial differences in terms of restructuring processes
- What are differentiates the EU and the US across the entire restructuring process?
- What are the phases that are involved with a restructuring procedure?
- Why the preparatory phase is the most important (and often overlooked) phase of any restructuring
- The importance of using a multidisciplinary team to advise on any restructuring
- Why a structuring project team should always comprise representatives from finance, supply chain, corporate affairs, HR as well as an employment law expert.
- How Bird & Bird can help clients when faced with a difficult decision over restructuring.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.