The Turks And Caicos Investment Agency (TClnvest) is an independent agency created in 1994 to encourage sustainable economic growth in TCI by attracting new offshore investment and encouraging entrepreneurial spirit amongst the local (Belonger) population. TCInvest makes investors aware of the TCI Government's 'Open Arms" policy that includes the obvious advantages of the territory's no tax status and an attractive package of concessions to qualified investors. While still protecting the interests of the Belonger population, the TCI Government: has streamlined the business licencing system; designed a responsive immigration policy to give investors the security they need and deserve; can provide access to crown land under long term leases at reasonable rents; and may extend a variety of duty exemptions.
INVESTING IN BELONGERS
TCInvest's development banking arm encourages entrepreneurs in the Belonger population by:
1) extending business information, advice and training to interested individuals and
2) providing debt financing to suitable Belonger controlled projects.
ENCOURAGING OFFSHORE INVESTMENT
TClnvest's investment arm provides a single window on Government for individuals or firms interested in making investments in the country.
TCInvest facilitates investment by:
1) Advising and assisting potential investors on investment opportunities and policies;
2) Screening inward investment projects for suitability, feasibility, quality of investor finances and person;
3) Liaising through Government channels to facilitate a timely consideration of a qualified investor's proposal;
4) Negotiating joint ventures and agreements with investors wishing to access the TCI Government's investment incentives;
5) Identifying and promoting investment opportunities in the Islands; and
6) Providing advice and assistance to the TCI Government on investment policies.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.