Cyprus is an attractive jurisdiction for the provision of investment and ancillary services across the European Union. Therefore, the investors and businessmen may establish an Cyprus Investment Firm (the "CIF") governed by the Law 144(I)/2007 on the Provision of Investment Services, Exercise of Investment Activities, the Operation of Regulated Markets and Other Related Matters (the "Law").
II. INVESTMENTS SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES REGULATED BY THE LAW
Investment services and activities which are subject to the granting of a license
1. Reception and transmission of orders;
2. Execution of orders on behalf of clients;
3. Dealing on own account;
4. Portfolio management;
5. Investment advice;
6. Underwriting and/or placing of financial instruments on a firm commitment basis;
7. Placing of financial instruments without a firm commitment basis;
8. Operation of Multilateral Trading Facilities ("MTF").
Ancillary Services (Note: No license is granted for the operation of a CIF in relation to the provision of ancillary services only.)
1. Safekeeping and administration of financial instruments;
2. Safe custody services;
3. Granting credits or loans to an investor for transaction purposes;
4. Advice on capital structure, industrial strategy and related matters;
5. Foreign exchange services;
6. Investments research and financial analysis;
7. Services related to underwriting.
Download >> The Cyprus Investment Firm
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.