Presented by Gowling WLG and led by Advocacy Research Centre for Disabilities (ARCH) lawyers Lila Refaei and Kerri Joffe, this interactive webinar covers how workplaces can best accommodate individuals with physical disabilities. After reviewing the legal landscape, participants will learn how to create a welcoming and compliant environment for staff, clients, and guests with physical disabilities, as well as apply theory to practice through case scenarios. Topics included:
- An overview of federal and Ontario provincial law requiring accommodation/prohibiting discrimination
- A look at the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (United Nations)
- Best practices for accommodation
- Lila Refaie - Bilingual Intake Lawyer and Student Programs Lead, ARCH
- Kerri Joffe - Staff Lawyer, ARCH
Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.