Geoffrey Ritts, a partner in Jones Day's Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will be among the participants in a panel discussion titled "Commencement of a Civil Action: Filing the Complaint, Preparing the Motion to Dismiss, Coordinating Multiple Securities Litigation Actions," at PLI's "Securities Litigation 2021: From Investigation to Trial" webinar on March 29.
The landscape of securities litigation is constantly evolving and changing. PLI's program reviews all the issues that can arise in the most complex securities matters—from the initial government investigation to the filing of the civil cases to either settlement or trial. The need for practitioners to stay current and develop new strategies and tactics has never been more important. PLI's faculty of leading practitioners, government officials, and judges will provide updates on the latest best practices and case law. This program is designed for securities practitioners, outside and in-house counsel, compliance officers, regulators, investment bankers, and securities dealers.
- How to approach the initial investigation and work with state and federal regulators in the interests of the client
- How to assess the civil complaints and coordinate multidistrict actions
- How to litigate the case through the pleadings, discovery, class certification, and summary judgment
- How to approach mediation and settlement of a securities action
- How to try a securities litigation or arbitration
- How to approach and assess ethical issues associated with complex securities litigation
For more information, and to register for the event, please visit the PLI website.