Morrison & Foerster has received 43 practice area rankings across the Global-wide, Asia-Pacific, China, Germany, India, Japan, Singapore, UK, and USA categories, as well as 60 individual recognitions, in the 2021 edition of Chambers Global.
The firm once again received Band 1 practice area rankings for USA: Privacy & Data Security; USA: Technology Sector (International & Cross-Border); Japan: Corporate/M&A: International; Japan: Dispute Resolution: International; Japan: Intellectual Property: International; and Japan: International & Cross-Border Capabilities (International Firms).
Additionally, the firm secured new practice area rankings for USA: Investigations & Enforcement (International & Cross-Border), as well as Asia-Pacific: Banking & Finance.
The firm also saw an improvement in rankings for the following eight areas: Asia-Pacific: Corporate/M&A: Private Equity; Asia-Pacific: Intellectual Property; Asia-Pacific: Investment Funds: Private Equity; Asia-Pacific: Life Sciences; Asia-Pacific: TMT; China: International & Cross-Border Transactions (International Firms); USA: FCPA; and USA: Life Sciences & Pharmaceutical Sector (International & Cross-Border).
Noted for their "global perspective" and "enviable expertise," ten Morrison & Foerster lawyers were recognized with the highest individual rankings on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness, and client service.
- Brian Busey, USA: International Trade: Intellectual Property (Section 337), Senior Statespeople
- Richard Fischer, USA: Privacy & Data Security, Senior Statespeople
- Fuyuo Mitomi, Japan, Capital Markets: Domestic, Senior Statespeople
- Kenneth Siegel, Japan: Corporate/M&A: International, Star Individual
- Miriam Wugmeister, USA: Privacy & Data Security, Band 1
- Charles Duross, USA: FCPA, Band 1
- Chris Kandel, UK: Banking & Finance, Band 1
- Akihiro Wani, Japan: Banking & Finance: Domestic Firms: Financial Services Regulation, Band 1
- Gary Smith, Japan: Corporate/M&A: International, Band 1
- Max Olson, Japan: Intellectual Property: International, Band 1
Ranked year after year in Chambers Global, Morrison & Foerster continues to prove itself to be a market-leading firm throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Dynamic technology and life sciences companies, large financial institutions, leading consumer product companies, and other market leaders come to Morrison & Foerster for knowledge, innovation, and business aptitude.