Welcome back to Holland & Knight's monthly data privacy and security news update that includes the latest in policy, regulatory updates and other significant developments. If you see anything in this report that you would like additional information on, please reach out to the authors or members of Holland & Knight's Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Team.
- General Congressional Update
- Data Privacy and Security Bills
- House Financial Services Committee Advances Consumer Financial Data Privacy Legislation
- Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Children Privacy Hearing
- Durbin, Blumenthal, Hirono Introduce Bill to Protect Children's Online Privacy
- House Energy and Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on Enhancing Privacy Protections
- Support for Banning TikTok Grows
- CBP One Application Raising Concerns
- Antitrust and Data Privacy Proponent Resigning
Executive and Departmental Updates
- FTC Commissioner Christine Wilson Resigning; Commissioner Slaughter Renominated
- FTC Launches New Office of Technology
- OSTP Seeking Information on Criminal Justice Statistics
- Supreme Court Hears Big Tech Liability Shield Case
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.