Metronet and the Mitchell Freeway extension projects will be amongst the largest and most complex infrastructure works in Western Australia's history and HHG Legal Group's first event in our 2020 Infrastructure Series will explore the key considerations and risks for contractors and subcontractors planning to get onboard these projects.
Forward works have already begun, and expressions of interest will be invited for both projects from early 2020. By June 2020, most contractors and subcontractors will be striving to submit their tenders on both these projects within tight deadlines.
That leaves little time for contractors and subcontractors to prepare for the risks they are bound to face on both projects, which will be many and varied and in some ways, unique.
|Date:||Wednesday, 25 March 2020|
|Time:||4.30pm – 6.00pm (Registrations from 4.15pm)|
|Location:||HHG Boardroom, Level 8, Cloisters Building 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000|
- Identify, and use contracts to manage, on-ground, below ground and above ground risks;
- Operate within your "zone of control";
- Maximise your rights under contract terms used by known head contractors;
- Meet time-bars to ensure payment and avoid liquidated damages;
- Know your rights and obligations under Project Bank Accounts; and
- Understanding and using the Personal Property Securities Register.