MoFo's Hong Kong office will host an impact investing roundtable, at which investors will share lessons on structuring funds and investments for impact as well as practical suggestions for general counsels of Asia-based funds.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- What is impact investing? What is ESG? How are they different and related?
- How are they being integrated into investments and portfolio management by private equity funds in the U.S. and Asia?
- How much of the push is being driven by LPs? What are the other market forces?
- How both ESG and impact considerations can factor into the structure of funds, compensation, measurement and reporting, investment documentation, M&A, and portfolio management?
- How can Asia-based general counsels connect closely to headquarters and remain up-to-date on the latest developments on impact investing?
The discussion will be moderated by Morrison & Foerster partner Marcia Ellis.