12/02/2019 08:30 a.m. - 12/03/2019 02:45 p.m.
55 Hudson Yards
New York, New York 10001
On 2-3 December 2019, the TrustLaw team and social innovation experts will run a two half-day, CLE accredited Social Enterprise and Impact Investing Training in New York City.
This course will explore key legal issues and trends in the social innovation space and provide lawyers and other professionals with the skills they need to advise the diﬀerent stakeholders in the sector. It is a ﬁrst-of-its-kind course to combine hands-on legal training with practical case studies and excellent networking opportunities.
Upon completion of the training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the shape of the social economy in the U.S. and how the U.S. has positioned itself as a leading player in this space globally.
- Advise on the appropriate business structure for diﬀerent social enterprises and on diﬀerent mechanisms to lock social mission into business activities.
- Recognize the key legal issues facing social entrepreneurs to help ensure agreements and commercial documentation reﬂect the ﬁnancial and social realities of this rapidly growing sector.
- Have a clear understanding of innovative tools and mechanisms used to inject capital into socially focused businesses, including social impact bonds, crowdfunding and impact investment funds.
- Design and structure investment transactions using innovative impact terms and approaches to align investors with varying ﬁnancial return and impact objectives.
Participants will become part of a community of practice that facilitates the sharing of lessons learned and best practices in the realm of social entrepreneurship and impact investing. Additionally, upon completion of the course, attendees may be given the opportunity to participate in related pro bono projects through TrustLaw, enabling them to apply the skills and knowledge gained to real-life matters.
CLE: This course is approved for 8-10 CLE credits in California, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Credits issued will be based upon verified attendance and applicable rules.