Date and Time
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Houston Club
One Shell Plaza
910 Louisiana, 49th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Join Fisher Phillips attorneys for a complimentary breakfast briefing where we will discuss the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Worker's Compensation.
After this event, attendees will have a better understanding of the following topics:
- Each of the respective laws and what all they cover
- Which laws are applicable in certain situations
- Requesting a second medical opinion
- Best practices for the interactive process
- How to proceed after receiving inconsistent reasons for medical leave
There are a number of considerations that depend on the type of injury, how the employee became injured and their job status. We will discuss these issues and more, including how changes in the interpretation of the law have altered and how leave must be calculated and given.
There is no cost to attend this event.
*This event is pending 1.5 hours of SHRM, HRCI and Texas CLE credit.