Beyond the Boom: Planning for a Bigger and Better Australia
The Australian Financial Review in association with Deloitte are hosting the fifth annual National Infrastructure Summit – to be held on 12-13 June at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
Exclusive legal sponsor
Norton Rose Fulbright is proud to once again be the exclusive legal sponsor for the Summit, which has firmly established itself as Australia's premier forum for major projects driving growth for smarter, more efficient cities.
National Infrastructure Summit
Across the two-day Summit, Australia's chief infrastructure policy makers, planners, advisors and contractors will consider the key challenges and opportunities for participants in the growing infrastructure market. Ministers and speakers will provide State and project updates as we look at the Australian pipeline for major infrastructure projects following the Federal election. The Summit will also look outward at China and the US and draw upon key insights and case studies from these markets.
The Summit key themes include:
- State infrastructure development – including Ministerial Keynotes from:
- The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP (Premier of Victoria);
- The Hon. Alan Tudge MP (Minister for Cities, Urban Infrastructure and Population); and
- The Hon. Andrew Constance MP (NSW Minister for Transport and Roads)
- The future of infrastructure
- Major projects – challenges and project delivery
- Technology and smart cities
- Infrastructure investment
- Transport infrastructure
- Port infrastructure
- Risk management
- Global projects and opportunities
More than half the world's population currently live in urban areas, and this proportion will grow to around 70 per cent by 2050 putting huge demands on urban infrastructure and resources. In a time where the infrastructure market is facing multi-faceted challenges arising from this unprecedented growth coupled with technological advances and regulatory developments, it has never been more imperative for market participants to look towards the future.
Our sustainable cities team is a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary team with a strong understanding of infrastructure in Australia and around the world. We have advised a range of participants including governments, sponsors, equity investors, financiers and contractors. Our team is dedicated to helping our clients:
- deliver major projects in an integrated and collaborative manner;
- create solutions to address new and emerging issues and how these affect the way we live, work and operate;
- prepare themselves and their supply chains for disruption;
- understand the legal issues arising as legislation evolves;
- meet the challenges of new operating environments; and
- to leverage new opportunities and business models.
To learn more about our approach to sustainable cities and our global team click here.
Join us at the Summit and meet members of our sustainable cities team, including:
Jo Crew is moderating the "Major Infrastructure Project Updates" panel on 12 June at 2:20pm (Stream A). During the session we will hear from the panel on the following:
- Update Inland Rail Program
- Melbourne Airport Link
- Canberra Metro
- Westport Project
- QLD Infrastructure delivery update
Claire Forster is a panellist on "The Regulatory Approach to Transport Infrastructure" panel on 12 June at 2:20pm (Stream B).
Noni Shannon is a panellist on the "What Opportunities lie ahead for Australia's Smart Cities?" panel on 12 June at 2:55pm.
Who will be attending?
Attended by over 300 delegates, including Australia's top investors, planners, contractors, advisers and policy-makers, the 2019 Summit will provide political debate, exclusive industry perspectives and a comprehensive overview of the project pipeline.