Yale Law Women named Morrison & Foerster as one of its 2019 Top 10 Firms for both Gender Equity & Family Friendliness. The report recognizes firms that have demonstrated a commitment to female friendly policies and practices.
Yale Law Women produces the Top Ten Report to "monitor trends in gender equity and family friendliness among law firms ranked in the Vault 100, raise awareness of disparities within the legal profession, highlight progress being made in the industry, and identify areas for improvement." According to Yale Law Women, as well as examining formal policies, the survey investigates how firms implement those policies and their usage by attorneys.
In addition to appearing on both top-ten lists, Morrison & Foerster was recognized as one of the highest achieving firms in five sections of "Category Honors" that are regarded as particularly important in promoting equity and family friendliness:
- Firm Structure: At least 50% of associates were women
- Firm Structure: At least 25% of equity partners were women
- Leadership & Promotions: At least 50% of attorneys promoted to partner in 2018 were women
- Parental & Family Leave Accommodations: Greatest number of days offered for caregiver leave following the birth of a child*
- Part-Time & Flexible Work Schedules: Highest percentage of attorneys who have worked part-time schedules in the last five years promoted to equity partner in 2018
*MoFo gives the same leave for adoption and foster care placement