|June 14, 2023
Log on: 8.15am
|Online||T - +61 7 3231 2400
The nature of most workplaces has changed dramatically over the last few years as work has shifted online and out of the office. This poses a new set of challenges for employers, with a particular focus on mental health.
While organisations generally have a clear overview and plan to manage physical hazards in the workplace, most are underprepared or less confident in ensuring a psychologically safe work environment. How are risks and hazards identified and how can they be better managed from both a preventative and management standpoint?
Join special counsel Gemma Sharp as she takes you through the health and safety obligations your business has to workers, with a deep dive into the background of the recently released psychosocial safety requirements, and a look at tips and strategies for compliance.
The topics for discussion will include:
- understanding your workplace health and safety obligations as an employer
- duties of officers, workers and other persons
- consultation and representation rights and requirements
- consequences of unsafe work for companies and directors
- understanding investigations, enforcement measures and prosecutions
- an overview of current industrial manslaughter laws
- limiting the risk of psychosocial hazards in your organisation
- recent changes to the Work Health and Safety Act
- psychological safety.
We hope you can join us.