Calgary - In-Person & Online, May 3, 2023 - 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Please join members of our Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Environmental groups for an informative discussion about the emergence of climate change disputes in Canada and how to prepare for them.
Climate change disputes have grown in prominence over the last decade, particularly in the U.S., and we will likely see an increase of cases in Canada in the next few years. This session will include a review of climate change cases to date, key trends and developments in other jurisdictions, and importantly, what steps businesses can take to prepare for potential claims.
A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
- Introduction to climate change disputes
- International trends and developments in climate change actions
- The types of disputes emerging in Canada
- Practical tips to help businesses prepare
- Laura Cundari, Partner, Vancouver
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner, Toronto
- Brendan MacArthur-Stevens, Partner, Calgary
- David Tupper, Partner, Calgary
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
In-person 11:30 a.m. (MT)
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Online: 12 p.m. (MT)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains up to 1 hour of Substantive content.
This program has been accredited for 1 CPD Credit Hour with The Law Society of British Columbia.