- the residence of a legal entity is its place of incorporation (formerly its principal place of business);
- donations to entities engaged in the preservation of natural protected areas are deductible for the donor's income tax purposes;
- allocations to research and development funds are exempt from income tax, provided the relevant income is allocated within 2 years;
- capital investment companies may defer payment of income tax only if their financial assets (other than shares) do not exceed 10% of their equity. Equity limits of 80% and 50% apply to the first and the second years of activities, respectively; and
- the tax holiday from assets tax is not available to holding or controlled companies under a consolidated regime.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
For further information contact Rodolfo Calvo, Galaz, Gomez, Morfin, Chavero, Yamazaki, Mexico City, Mexico on Fax: +52 5 281 5184