- Extraordinary Measures on an island-wide scale with effect
from 30/11/2020 (00.01 am) to 13/12/2020 (11.59
- The movement of persons is prohibited from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. with the following exceptions:
(i) Movement to/from work, as well as for work reasons by presenting the employee movement confirmation form.
(ii) Movement to/from medical centre, hospital, pharmacy or vet for emergency medical reasons, and
(iii) Movement of hunters to and within non-prohibited hunting areas, as defined in the Laws on Protection and Management of Wild Birds and Prey of 2003 to 2017, from 3 am. only on permitted hunting days (meaning that they must carry their hunting license with them for control purposes).
- Gatherings of persons in houses are allowed, with a maximum number of 10 persons, including underage children.
- 3. Church services and other forms of religious worship in religious sites, as well as religious ceremonies shall be performed with a maximum number of 75 persons, by observing the protocols of the Ministry of Health.
- Religious ceremonies are allowed (weddings, christenings, funerals) with a maximum of 10 persons attending.
- The holding of lunch/dinner and any event for weddings and christenings is prohibited, other than a home event with a maximum number of 10 persons including minors.
- 6. Visits are prohibited to public and private hospitals, clinics, medical and diagnostic centres.
- Catering establishments (restaurants, taverns, cafeterias, pubs, snack-bars and bars, coffee shops and catering areas within canteens or/and sports clubs, cultural circles, associations, societies, etc.) are allowed to operate until 7 pm. After 9 pm only home delivery service is allowed.
It is noted that Catering areas inside hotels and tourist accommodation may function until 22.30 serving only the guests staying in their premises.
In addition, the functioning of catering areas within the Airports of the Republic of Cyprus is allowed.
- Public transport shall function at 50% passenger capacity
- The operation of gyms is suspended.
- The operation of gambling and betting companies is suspended.
- The operation of casinos is suspended.
- The operation of swimming pools is suspended, with the exception of their use by persons with disabilities for reasons of therapeutic exercise or for the training of up to four persons, including the coach.
- The operation of gyms, swimming pools and spas as well as catering areas inside hotels and tourist accommodation, serving only the guests staying in such premises is allowed. (catering areas within hotels and tourist accommodation may function until 10.30 pm)
- All Ports in the Republic of Cyprus shall operate only for commercial transactions and activities. The boarding of cruise ships by passengers is prohibited (valid island-wide).
(a) The training and athletic events for persons under 18 are suspended
(b) Training and athletic events are suspended, with the exception of Premier League Championships (A', B' and C' Category) and National Teams' matches.
(c) The operation and use of organized sports facilities are prohibited, with the following exceptions:
(i) The operation of open sports facilities exclusively for the use of persons or teams of up to four (4) persons, including the coach and without the presence of spectators, and
(ii) The operation of sports facilities for training and competitions, without the presence of spectators, for the championships of the teams A, B and C category and national teams.
- All group sports and social activities for persons under the age of 18 years, including activities of soccer, dance, theatre, swimming in swimming pools, martial arts, etc. are prohibited
- Gatherings are prohibited in public places (parks, squares, water reservoirs, picnic areas, beaches, pavements and marinas, etc.) except for exercise purposes, provided that the number shall not exceed two persons, with the exception of underage children of the parents who are exercising.
- The operation of the Courts continues, based on relevant guidelines of the Supreme Court, in consultation with the Ministry of Health.
- Prohibition of mass or other events, gatherings in public or private places (Christmas villages, bazaars, except those organized in amphitheatres/theatres and governed by sanitary protocols - at 50% capacity seated)
- In services of both the private and the public sector that serve the public, the physical presence in the space of 1 person per 8 sq.m. and only by appointment (where applicable) is allowed.
- Popular markets shall function at 50% capacity and social distancing of 1.5 m. on the basis of the relevant protocol.
- The functioning of children's playgrounds, amusement parks and thematic parks is suspended.
- The functioning of camping areas is suspended.
- Prohibition of demonstrations.
?.2 Clarifications on the restrictive measures in force in the Districts of Lemesos and Pafos and extension of measures on an island-wide basis:
- The ban on the movement of persons from and to the Districts of Lemesos and Pafos, and also between the two Districts, is lifted.
- Retail trade operation (shopping centers, large stores and malls) is permitted, with the restriction of a maximum number of 1 person per 10 sq. meters being present simultaneously.
- The following is permitted:
- The operation of beauty centres and tattoo shops.
- The operation of hairdressing saloons and barber shops.
- The operation of Driving Schools.
- The operation of archaeological sites, museums and historical sites.
- The operation of open-air and indoor theatres, performance halls and cinemas, both indoor and outdoor, shall function at 50% capacity.
- The operation of shopping centers (malls), with the restriction of a maximum number of 1 person per 10 sq. meters being present simultaneously.
- The operation of galleries, art galleries and art exhibitions.
?. Measures on an island-wide basis that will come into effect for the period 14 December 2020 to 7 January 2021, provided that the epidemiological picture allows this:
?.1 The following measures are restored/amended:
- The prohibition of movement of persons from 23.00 until 05.00 is restored, excluding movement for work purposes, for emergency medical reasons (hospital or pharmacy or vet) and movement for hunting to and in areas where hunting is permitted from 03.00 and only on days when hunting is permitted.
Exception: 25/12/2020 and 1/1/2021 during which movement will be prohibited from 2 am - 6 am.
- The prohibition of gatherings of more than 10 people per house remains.
Exception: 23/12 until 1/1/21, 15 people per house are allowed.
- The operation of catering establishments until 10:30 pm is resumed, strictly under the condition that the public is exclusively served at table arrangements, table reservations may not exceed six persons per table, and that the maximum number of persons allowed to be served in catering establishments is determined at 75 in indoor areas and 150 in outdoor areas, provided the social distancing measure of at least one person per 3 sq.m. indoors and at least 2 sq.m. outdoors is upheld, subject to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve catering establishments will be allowed to extend operation until 12:30 a.m.
- Betting shops resume operation.
- Casinos resume operation.
- Restrictions remain in force regarding the operation of Courts, pursuant to the relevant guidelines of the Supreme Court, in consultation with the Ministry of Health.
- Restrictions remain in force regarding public transport. Public transport shall operate at 50% capacity.
- Restrictions remain in force regarding the operation of private and public sector customer service. Physical presence of customers shall be allowed with the restriction of 1 person per 8 sq. meters, by appointment only (where applicable).
- Restrictions remain in force regarding popular market, which shall operate at 50% capacity and subject to social distancing of 1.5 sq.m. between persons, pursuant to the relevant protocol.
- The operation of open-air and indoor theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas and performance halls remains at 50% of their capacity.
- Mass gatherings, or other events and gatherings in public or private spaces/venues, for example Christmas villages or Christmas bazaars/markets, are prohibited, except those held in theatres/amphitheatres in accordance to the relevant health protocols, with 50% seated capacity.
- The operation of children's playgrounds, thematic parks and amusement parks is suspended.
- The operation of camping areas is suspended.
- Demonstrations are prohibited.
- Matches held in sports installations in the context of sports championships are allowed without the presence of spectators.
- The operation of closed and open sports installations, gyms, dance schools and other kinds of schools and sports is allowed without the presence of spectators and without the use of changing rooms.
- Church services and other forms of religious worship in churches, mosques and other religious sites, as well as religious ceremonies shall be performed with a maximum number of 75 persons, by observing the protocols of the Ministry of Health.
- Retail trade (drink and food businesses) and pharmacies, from opening time until 9 a.m., shall serve only persons above 65 years of age or with disabilities.
- The holding of lunch/dinner and any event for weddings and christenings is allowed, for a maximum number of 10 persons including minors. The same number applies for attending religious ceremonies (weddings, christenings, funerals).
It is noted that, on the basis of all the above mentioned, as well as in accordance to the relevant Decrees, all businesses whose operation has not been suspended, based on the above-mentioned decisions, remain in operation in strict implementation and observance of the relevant health protocols.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.