Bernie Amarillo, Swiss entrepreneur, goes to see Elton John at Montreux Jazz, gets inspired, re-brands and discovers the hard way what Copyright means.
- Protects creators and their works
- From the moment of creation
- Duration: for songs – life of the artist + 70 years
- No formal requirements
- Worldwide (scope defined by national laws)
What is protected?
- Original works: music, photos, films, books...
- The expression/execution; not the actual idea
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.