On Jan. 23, 2020, Crestpoint Real Estate Investments Ltd. announced the recent acquisition of the Place du Canada office building situated at 1010 de la Gauchetière Street West in Montréal. Crestpoint acquired a 97% interest on behalf of its investors; the remaining 3% was acquired by Redbourne, who will act as the property manager.

The seller was Credit Suisse which had owned the property since 2006.

Gowling WLG advised Credit Suisse in this sale with a team that included Robert Hull (corporate/M&A); Alain Lalonde, David Kierans, Julie Desrochers, Fabienne Racicot and Joey Suri (real estate); Ian Macdonald (competition); and Laura Gheorghiu and Malya Amghar (tax).

"Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com".

The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.