Presented at the Children & Youth with Brain Injuries: Practical Strategies Workshop | June 7, 2018
On June 7, 2018, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and March of Dimes Canada, in collaboration with Thomson Rogers, hosted the Children & Youth with Brain Injuries: Practical Strategies Workshop in Sudbury, Ontario.
The objective of the workshop was to provide skills for supporting kids and families after pediatric ABI by helping to:
- Recognize the effects of ABI in children, adolescents and their families
- Identify clinical approaches and strategies for engaging kids and supporting families after pediatric ABI
- Review updates around accident benefits and catastrophic impairment in children with ABI
David MacDonald, personal injury lawyer and a partner at Thomson Rogers, presented on "Catastrophic Designation for Children with ABI: The New Tests, New Rehab Prospects and Reporting Tips".
Some of the topics covered in David's presentation include:
- An overview on how to get to CAT
- More children ABI survivors can be CAT
- Definition keys
- Look at new technology re Dx TBI
- Look at the KOSCHI test re AC
- How do pre-accident problems fit in?
- How attendant care assessment help CAT
- Writing reports with KOSCHI in mind
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.