Moore Australia is pleased to publish the Financial Year (FY) 2022 review of APAC Mid-Market Mergers and Acquisitions. Moore Australia is a network of five independent accounting and business advisory firms with 14 offices across Australia, and an independent member of the Moore Global Network.
Highlights of the report include:
- After a turbulent year, there are no signs of declining market confidence.
- 873 deals published in FY22 in the AU and NZ mid-market M&A sector- up from 692 in FY21.
- Deal value across Australian and New Zealand is up by $8M to an average of $45M.
- Top-3 performing sectors were IT, Services and Financial Services.
- The APAC mid-market sector deals are up an impressive 56.1%, with Japan leading the region with an increase of 101% in deals from FY21.
Yeo, Chair of the Moore Australia
National Corporate Finance Committee stated:
"Australia's strong economic recovery relative to the
rest of the world has fuelled dealmaker confidence early in the
year. Despite the instability and uncertainty globally, as well as
the rising interest rates, investor confidence has remained steady.
Increased opportunity with Trans-Tasman transactions is likely to
continue with restrictions being lifted.
The entire APAC region has experienced an impressive increase in deal activity from FY21 by 56%, and 12% on the average deal value to $47.1M. The outlook is strong with continued confidence in the market, and a number of countries performing particularly well."
This article is issued as general commentary - please contact us about your specific circumstances.