The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focussed commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- CPB Contractors Pty Limited v Celsus Pty Limited (No 2)  FCA 2112 (Keywords: appointment of referee, discretionary stay)
- Federal Treasury Enterprise (FKP) Sojuzplodoimport v Spirits International B.V. (No 6)  FCA 337 (Keywords: waiver of legal professional privilege)
- Seymour Whyte Constructions Pty Ltd v Ostwald Bros Pty Ltd (in liquidation)  NSWCA 11 (Keywords: security of payment where claimant is insolvent)
- Lessons from Lacrosse (Keywords: Lacrosse fire)
- Wichmann v Dormway Pty Ltd  QCA 31 (Keywords: deed of release, general words of release)
- GPP Big Field LLP v Solar EPC Solutions SL  EWHC 2866 (Keywords: penalties)
Also featured are updates from our PNG, energy and resources, environment and planning, property and infrastructure and employment and labour teams on recent developments in their areas of expertise.
To get your copy of the full update, please click the 'DOWNLOAD PDF' button.
If you wish to discuss anything we've raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
Click downlaod pdf to view full article.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
|Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2016 Winner
Client Service Award
|Employer of Choice for Gender Equality