October 12, 2022
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EDT
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. BST
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. CEST
9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST
Advertising and corporate sponsorships associated with major sporting, cultural and entertainment events present a great brand opportunity for organizations around the world. However, such activities can also present serious legal risks – for event organisers, official sponsors and non-sponsor businesses simply looking to capitalize on public interest.
On October 12, join our international panel of intellectual property professionals as they explore the competing interests of these different parties in relation to a range of timely topics, including:
- Legal measures available to event organisers
- Event specific legislation and the legal framework in Canada, UK, UAE, and France
- Opportunities and pitfalls in sponsorship agreements
- Ambush marketing and damaging advertising tactics from non-sponsor brands
- Key legal issues for non-sponsor brands when advertising in connection with major events
- Practical do's and don'ts
This is the 21st installment in our Lifecycle of a Smart Idea series, dedicated to helping you maximize opportunity and minimize risk when taking innovative ideas to the global market. Watch more from the series »
*This program is eligible for up to one hour of substantive CPD credits with the LSO, the LSBC and the Barreau du Québec. If you indicate on your registration form that a certificate of participation is required, we will email you your certificate after the session.