You are invited to attend the Chambers High Net Worth webinar "U.S. Tax Reform and its Impact on Family Offices" with Holland & Knight's Private Wealth Services Group.
- Inbound investment into the United States through non-U.S. family offices
- Non-U.S. persons establishing family offices in the U.S.
- U.S. family offices and tax reform considerations
- Family office structuring after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) eliminated most deductions for investment-related expenses
- Structuring a business model to support deductibility of expenses
- Discussion of planning with C corporations for U.S.-based and non-U.S. family offices
- Alternatives to C corporation structure using the U.S. Tax Court's decision in Lender Management LLC, T.C. Memo. 2017-246
- Potential for increased U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)/regulatory oversight on family offices (H.R. 4620, introduced by U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)
The webinar will be followed by a live Q&A session.
We hope you will be able to join us for this highly informative presentation.
David W. Thal | Partner,
Holland & Knight, Stamford
Brent Berselli | Partner, Holland & Knight, Portland
Sean J. Tevel | Partner, Holland & Knight, Miami
Simon Christian | Editor, Chambers High Net Worth
Friday, October 8, 2021
4:00 – 4:45 p.m. London
12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Brazil
11:00 – 11:45 a.m. ET
10:00 – 10:45 a.m. CT
9:00 – 9:45 a.m. MT
8:00 – 8:45 a.m. PT
Please register online by October 7.
If you cannot attend the webinar, you can still register prior to the program, then watch it at your convenience starting 24 hours after the end of the session.