The 2021 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific's Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked Jones Day in 44 practice areas, and recognized 47 Jones Day lawyers as leading lawyers in the Asia-Pacific region. Jones Day earned Band 1 rankings in Intellectual Property (Asia-Pacific Region), and Dispute Resolution (Taiwan). Nine lawyers earned a total of 10 Band 1 rankings.
Jones Day's lawyers ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 Band 1 include:
- Marianne M. Chao – Taiwan: Real Estate & Projects
- Jason Chen – Taiwan: Dispute Resolution
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan: Corporate/M&A
- Tony Chen – China: Intellectual Property (International Firms) and China: Life Sciences (International Firms)
- Roger Dobson – Australia: Restructuring/Insolvency
- Koichi Inoue – Japan: Tax: Bengoshi
- Karthik Kumar – India: Projects & Energy (International Firms) (Expert Based Abroad)
- Anthony Muratore – Australia: Intellectual Property: Patents
- Dr. Niv Tadmore – Australia: Tax
Clients praise Jones Day as follows: "perfect for very complicated matters," "impressive team of practitioners who regularly handle cross-border disputes on behalf of international clients," and "expertise in product liability and food safety enforcement issues and is a popular choice for players in the financial services, technology and TMT sectors."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "Very business-oriented, practical in their thinking and don't get too bogged down in the details; rather, they see the big picture. They are great at providing creative options and avoiding cookie-cutter solutions."
- "Well known for advising on significant white-collar crime issues, and corporate governance disputes, and well placed to act across a range of alternative dispute resolution processes, including arbitration."
- "It truly felt like we were their only client, as the responsiveness and thoughtfulness was really good."
- "They have been uniformly excellent."
Based on interviews with lawyers and clients, the Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.