In this podcast, Sara Khoja, Employment Partner and Sarah Christiansen, Christiansen HR Consultancy, discuss the issues surrounding line managers responsibility for their team and performance, as well as how best to motivate employees.
Their top five tips are to:
- Distinguish between extrinsic and intrinsic motivators – which motivates your team members?
- Recognise the difference between reward and recognition
- Be clear about what 'good' looks like
- Give difficult feedback by being factual
- Set expectations of the consequences of not meeting goals
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.