On October 20, 2021, the New York City Bar will be hosting its "Hot Topics in Advertising & Marketing Law" CLE program. This is the 20th anniversary of the program.
This annual program provides an update on the most important developments affecting advertisers over the last year. The program will cover federal, state, and local enforcement actions and enforcement priorities, major litigation and self-regulatory decisions, new legislation and regulatory guidance, as well as other recent developments. Topics to be covered include truth-in-advertising rules, social media marketing, influencers, environmental marketing, "made in USA" claims, SAG-AFTRA developments, new children's advertising guidelines, cross-border marketing issues, and other hot topics.
The speakers at the program will be:
- Tamala Boyd, General Counsel, New York City Department of Consumer and Worker Protection
- Jeffrey A. Greenbaum, Frankfurt Kurnit
- Kelly Marris, Miller Thomson
- Michael S. Isselin, Reed Smith
- Laura Smith, Legal Director, TruthInAdvertising.org
- Zheng Wang, Attorney, National Advertising Division
For more information about the program, and to register, click here.
The program is sponsored by the NYC Bar's Consumer Affairs and Information Technology and Cyber Law Committees.