- Two Partners appointed
- Promotions demonstrate McCullough Robertson's commitment to developing genuine future leaders
- 70% of all those promoted are female – reflecting the firm's continued focus on advancing female talent
- Continued focus on McCullough Robertson's strategic growth in the Sydney market – 40% of promotions are Sydney-based
Leading independent law firm McCullough Robertson has announced the promotion of two new Partners, three Special Counsel and five Senior Associates. McCullough Robertson continues its commitment to increasing opportunities for women in leadership roles across the organisation, with women representing 70% of this year's total appointments.
Reece Walker, McCullough Robertson Chair of Partners says:
"It is with great pleasure that I welcome Trudi and Kate to the partnership, and congratulate our newest Special Counsel and Senior Associates."
"Our annual promotions represent a significant milestone for both our firm and our people. Developing people who lead with integrity, who provide valued support and advice to our clients, and who inspire our high-performing teams, is an essential part of McCullough Robertson's past and future success."
Ms Procter's practice is focused on financial services regulatory advice, funds establishment and corporate mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining McCullough Robertson in 2010, she spent two years in the in-house legal team of an Australian bank and five years within the premier funds and investment management team of a leading London firm. Ms Procter is located in the Brisbane office.
Based in McCullough Robertson's Newcastle office, Ms Swain joined the Firm in 2011, and is part of the planning and environment team. Prior to this, she spent five years in the Sydney office of a top tier law firm. During her time at McCullough Robertson she has undertaken a number of secondments at major mining companies, providing first-hand insight to the issues facing these clients.
The following have been promoted to Special Counsel:
- Sharon Chan – Real Estate (Brisbane)
- Chris Nielsen – Litigation and Dispute Resolution (Sydney)
- Brittany Parker – Construction and Infrastructure (Brisbane)
The following have been promoted to Senior Associate:
- Bethany Du– Real Estate (Sydney)
- Paige Edwards– Estates (Brisbane)
- Nicola McMahon – Employment Relations and Safety (Sydney)
- Darren Williams – Construction and Infrastructure (Brisbane)
- David Wilton – Litigation and Dispute Resolution (Sydney)
The new Partner, Special Counsel and Senior Associate appointments are effective 1 July 2019.