With the 2019 federal election on the horizon and new pre-election rules taking effect June 30, we invite you to join Blakes and guest speakers for a discussion on key business and legal areas to be aware of during election season.
- The legal considerations in an election period, including with respect to third-party activities, lobbying and political activities
- Government decision-making, dealing with the public sector and lobbying in an election cycle
- Merger and acquisition timing in an election cycle
- Policy areas that could be impacted by the 2019 federal election
- Lawyers registration obligations and the conflict between this and the duty of confidentiality