Welcome to our 5 minute tax update broadcasted monthly. The aim of our tax webcasts is to provide a brief summary of local and international tax events impacting Cyprus.
Watch the video with Russian subtitles
In this Tax Webcast, we cover the following topics:
1. Local tax developments
1. 1 New tax framework for Investment Funds
1. 2 Circular 25 - Tax treatment of non-return capital contributions to companies who are not Cyprus tax residents
1. 3 Circular 26 – Tax treatment of insurance agents
1. 4 Government's decision to reduce Special Defence Contribution on interest income
1. 5 Implementation of the Government scheme for the promotion of the film industry
2. International developments
2. 1 Legislative proposal of the EU to introduce a digital tax within 2018
3. Tax treaties update
3. 1 Treaties for the avoidance of double taxation between Cyprus - Luxembourg and Cyprus – United Kingdom enter into force
4. Tax diary for October 2018
31 October 2018
- Deadline for the electronic submission of the 2017 personal tax return by salaried individuals and individuals who do not prepare audited Financial Statements, if their gross income exceeds €19.500.
- Payment of tax balance for the tax year 2017 through self-assessment by individuals who don't prepare Financial Statements.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.