This blog focuses on the requirements for websites, but many of the same considerations apply to mobile applications (apps) as well. We will be writing more about the requirements for apps in the future.
- what personal information is collected,
- why it is being collected,
- how the information will be used,
- how it will be protected, and
- who it will be shared with.
- Individuals should be aware of key privacy practices and know how to access and control their personal information. The type of information will depend on an organization's practices but the policy should be transparent about what an organization does with information and why, how individuals can access and update their information, who to contact regarding privacy inquiries and complaints, and explain how updates to the policy will be managed.
- Privacy Policies must reflect your website functions. If your website includes analytics, cookies, e-commerce or other functions, there are often specific requirements for wording to be included for website visitors based on contractual or statutory requirements – we will be writing more about the requirements for e-commerce in the future.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.